🍃Helena Fahie’s Lemon Basmati Rice🌿
1 cup of Basmati Rice
1 cup of Lentils
2 cups of Water
1 tbsp of Mustard Seeds/Powder
1 tbsp of Turmeric
1 tsp of Red Pepper Flakes
Salt & Pepper to taste
1) You take two separate pots. One small and one medium. Add a cup of water to each and Salt & Pepper to each. On a medium flame on each pot you will then add your Rice in one and Lentils in the other pot.
2) Now bring both pots to a rolling boil. In your Rice pot you can now add your Red Pepper Flakes and Turmeric. Then after about 5 minutes you turn both pots down to a simmer.
3) Your Lentils should now have absorbed all the water. Set them aside to “rest” until your Rice is done.
4) Checking in on your Rice now. The water should be well absorbed and ready for your remaining ingredients. Now add your Mustard Seeds Lemon/ Lime Juice and Lentils. Fold the remaining ingredients gently into the Rice making sure not to bust up your lovely Lentils.
5) Your Rice is now done!! And it should be bright yellow like the sun! Imagine Sunshine on a plate…bright…and that’s exactly the flavor of this Rice. You can serve it with Curry, Oxtail, Vindaloo, Brown Stew and yes even a Vegetarian Chili.
Peace Be Your Journey…