🍃Adult Tata Tots* Sharp Cheddar & Bacon* Mexican Chili * Sea Salt, Cracked Black Pepper & Dill | Photo & Food by NZINGHA for ZLounge: Nouvelle Caribbean Cuisine
10 large White Potatoes ( peeled, cleaned, boiled and diced into cubes)
1 cup of Chicken Broth
1/4 cup of finely chopped Bacon
1 cup of Extra Sharp Cheddar Cheese
1/2 cup of Chives or Scallions (chopped)
1/2 cup of Cilantro (chopped)
Pinch of Chili Powder
Pinch of Paprika
Pinch of Taco Seasoning
Pinch of Dill Weed (minced)
Sea Salt and Black Pepper to taste
3 Eggs (set aside & mixed in a bowl)
1 cup of Panko Bread Crumbs
1 cup of Instant Mashed Potato Flakes
1 cup of Vegetable Oil
1) In a medium sized saucepan on your stovetop on medium high flame add your diced Potatoes with Chicken Broth until it comes to a boil. Only par boil the Potatoes. Don’t worry about daring the Potatoes the Potatoes will have fully absorbed the Chicken Broth and its flavor.
2) Divide the par boiled Potatoes into 3 medium sized bowls and roughly crush each bowl of Potatoes leaving them in chunky crumbles but not mashed.
3) Then to each bowl add your ingredients.
BOWL #1: Paprika, Salt, Pepper, Chedder and Bacon
BOWL #2: Sea Salt, Black Pepper and chopped Dill
BOWL #3: Cilantro, Scallions, Paprika, Chili and Taco Seasoning.
4) Then finally your egg mixture to all 3 bowls (the binding agent here).
5) Now in a separate dish/bowl pour out your Panko Bread Crumbs and Potato Flakes making it ready to roll your Tata Tots in.
6) With a medium sized spoon scoop out your Potato mixture and begin to form them into long rolls with your hands, then cut into 4 pieces creating your Tots.
7) Now roll your Tots on top of your Potato/Panko crumb mixture completely coating them and set them aside for pan frying.
8) In a deep frying pan filled with Vegetable Oil on a medium high flame begin to add your Tots making sure not to crowd the pan so you can cook them well and flip them over easier. Fry the Tots until they’re golden brown all over.
9) On a separate dish lined with paper (or my fave brown paper bag) place your cooked Tots for them to drain of any excess oil and allow them to rest. Then serve as your main course or as a side!
Peace Be Your Journey…