🍃Wasabi Antipasta Panzanella Bread Salad🍃
20 Red & Gold Cherry Tomatoes (cut in half and seeded)
2 cups of Bread Centers (roughly cut)
1 cup of Red, Orange and Yellow Mini Sweet Peppers (julianned)
2 stalks of chopped Scallions
1/2 cup of Fresh Cilantro (finely chopped)
1/2 cup of Chives (chopped 1/2 inch)
1/2 cup of Green or Black Olives
1 cup of White Cheddar Cheese (cubed)
1 cup of Pepperoni (cubed)
1/4 cup of Olive Oil
2 tbsp of Wasabi Paste
2 tbsp of Rice Wine or Balsamic Vinegrette
1 tbsp of Demerrera Sugar or White Sugar
Salt and pepper to taste
1) A regular Panzenella usually uses a hard crusty bread. I happen to like a lighter crusty bread. So I remove the centers of the hard crusty outer shell. Now I have chunks of soft centers. I cut the centers into non uniform cubes, I lay the cubes out on a baking sheet, and put in a 300°F oven for 5-10 minutes, until the outer edges have dried out a bit and toasted.
2) When halving your Tomatoes, remove some of the seeds and juice. Don’t waste that juice! Reserve it in a container for another dish.
3) In a medium sized bowl, mix all of your ingredients together and let them marinate (except for Bread Crusts, reserve those for the topping of your Panzenella). Cover you mixed ingredients and allow your ingredients to marinate at room temperature for at least 30 minutes, or up to 12 hours.
4) Do not refrigerate or you will destroy the texture of the tomatoes, they get kind of mushy and the skin on the Tomatoes gets plastic like in texture.
5) Now after marinating you can serve at room temperature in a large bowl and now top with you Bread Crisps.
Peace Be Your Journey…