NZINGHA’s Buffalo Chicken Soup
Ok, here it goes…if you know anything about me one of the few things you will find out is I love SPICY FOOD!!! And I also love the taste of Buffalo Chicken Wings. Seriously I have made Buffalo Style Chicken in several different ways and there’s just something about that flavor I love.
In a few upcoming blog posts I’ll show you some of my Buffalo Style recipes.
So, this has been a request of my dear fashionista friend and model who happens to love to cook, Lady Megan…this post is especially for her! Here ya go Dumplin’. I think you just may like this one because it tastes just like the Buffalo Chicken Wings and Dip you order from any Resturant. It’s authentic Flavor though I use a few different ingredients that you’ll find in Caribbean Cusine.
Oh, I forgot to mention, before I go all into the ingredients and all of that, of course I’m an African Caribbean American woman so it’s not just going to be plain ol’ ingredients, always a spin on it. That’s why this blog is Caribbean Fusion Food 😉. Work with me and follow me okay, I’ll walk you straight through on this one frame by frame (I don’t normally do that but because this is just for Lady Megan here it goes). I think you’ll love it
NZINGHAS Buffalo Chicken Ingredients (step #1)
Here we go with the ingredients:
🍃NZINGHA’s Buffalo Chicken Soup🍃
1 cup of Louisiana Buffalo Wing Sauce (I like it spicy so I add a whole cup but you can use however much you’d like to your taste)
3/4 cup of Sour Cream (forgot to show it in the picture…duh!)
1 whole Baked Chicken Breast chopped into large chunks
2 stalks of Celery chopped
2 sticks of Carrots chopped into rounds
1 clove of Garlic
1 half of White Onion
2 sprigs of Scallion
1/2 stick of Real Butter
1/2 cup of grated Parmesan Cheese
1 cup of whole Blue Cheese
1 cup of Chicken Broth/Stock
1 packet of Goya Sazon Con Achote
1 sprig of Thyme
1 cup of Orzo Pasta
Salt & Black Pepper to taste
NZINGHAS Buffalo Chicken Ingredients (step #2)
1) In your medium sized pot on a medium flame you’re going to add the Butter let it melt down some. Then add your Onion, Garlic,Carrots, Celery, Thyme, Black Pepper and Sazon. Stir until the Onions are slightly transparent.
2) Now adding to your sauté veggies you’re going to add your cup of Parmesan Cheese (mmmmm). Then your Chicken Broth, Sour Cream, Hot Sauce and Blue Cheese.
3) Your pot should be simmering now after 10 minutes. Give all the ingredients a good stir. You want to keep stiring and mixing to incorporate all of the cheese so it doesn’t get lumpy. Here’s where you now add in your Orzo Pasta. Mmmm, you should be able to smell that heat coming out of that pot.
NZINGHAS Buffalo Chicken Ingredients (step #3)
5) Turn your flame down a bit on low and now you add your chopped Chicken to the soup stirring it every so often. Leave it on for about 10 more minutes. You want the Chicken to really get that Buffalo flavor in the meat.
NZINGHAS Buffalo Chicken Ingredients (step #4)
6) After really 30minutes your Soup is done dun!!! Be sure to fish out your sprigs of Thyme. And the Orzo will be firm yet tender adding a bit more body to the Soup. The Soup will have thickened a bit, but if its too thick, you can always add more Broth or Water.
Then you simply top and dress the Soup use more of the leftover Blue Cheese and some Parsely or Cilantro.
This Soup is slightly similar to mine but NO QUESO?!?! Whaaa….No Mon ya mus have the Cheese!!!
This guy is close to my recipe but, what’s with the processed Cheese and so seasonings?…No Mon, ya not winning this one…close but no Cigar.
Love this video and the music is good. Two things missing Herbs and Cheese!! You real close Mon but ya no win either! But you do get 4 thumbs up for the video…nice.
Ok this Chef talks way too much (Chatty Cathy) and completely forgot bout why she was there…..BUFFALO CHICKEN SOUP HONEY!!! What’s all the rest?! Fa real?! No Mon!! Ya recipe an bowl seem nice but ya mouth…ugh SPOILAH!!!